Here are some job interview tips that you should keep in mind when you land that interview for your dream job:
- Before going to an interview, it is best to do some research about the company one is applying to.
- It is also best to practice with a friend or family member mock up questions that the employer will likely ask so you do not choke during the real interview.
- When you go for an interview, it is best to always arrive 10 to 15 minutes ahead of time. This shows employers that the person is punctual and serves as a good attribute in a potential employee.
- When meeting an employer, you should bring an extra copy of the resume and other documents that are needed if asked certain questions. A good example is architects and photographers who are professionals in the respective fields who have a portfolio of the works done which may impress the interviewer.
- It is always best to dress appropriately. This shows the employer sincerity on the part of the applicant applying for the job. One must have finger-nails and hair well groomed for the interview. The outfit worn should be professional. This would mean that shoes must be used to match the outfit. If you typically wear a lot of jewelry, it is advisable to remove and tone it down for the interview.
- When you are in front of the employer, smile and greet the interviewer with a firm (but not bone crushing) handshake which is always a good start to get the interview moving.
- During the course of the interview, listen very well to the questions asked. Each must be answered truthfully and confidently to be able to sell yourself to the potential employer.
- Afterwards, the applicant should thank the recruiter for the time that was given to meet for the interview.
Photo Credit: © ivanko80 – Fotolia.com